Tuesday, October 10, 2006

LYS - found 2!

So I finally adventured into St. Marys today to see if they had a yarn shop. Well they have 2 places to get yarn & knitting supplies. They also have a sewing shop, a candle making supply shop, a scrapbooking shop and goodness knows what else.

So I now know of 3 half decent places to get yarn within a 30min drive. The one in Waterloo is so far my favorite though, they have the best selection.

My little trip out today also reminded me of just how much I miss going out on my own & going to little shops like that. Working at a mall really turns you off of not only shopping but going out in public period. Franchises be they restaurant or retail have really sucked all the culture out of our surroundings. It all gets boring when everything starts to look, smell, sound and feel the same no matter where you go. It drains you. It turns you into a cog in the system. Fitting everything into a mold.

I hate the mall.

No comments: