Monday, September 04, 2006

Family Vacation

Well we're home. Wet but home.

We went camping at a great site, and all was well until the skies decided to dump 24hrs of rain on us.

Friday we packed up and headed to T.O. after hubby was done work. Friday night was spent traveling, setting up camp and then making supper in the dark. We played a game of UNO and then went to bed.

Saturday we got up early & headed downtown to the comic book convention. The convention was horribly run - we had to cross the skywalk from one side to the other, stand in the first line to buy tickets and then stand in a second line to get into the convention and then they had laid the place out so cramped that it was difficult to see anything through the people. They also didn't have the areas clearly defined like they have in the last years. So we wasted $20 on a ticket for me because I looked around for about an hour and then took the kids out of there before I lost them in the crowd. It was just insane. Both my dh and his best friend are talking about never going back, and they've been going for years. I wonder how many other people are thinking the same thing.

Anyway the girls & I went for lunch, went shopping at Aboveground Art Supplies and then to the AGO for a couple of hours.

Now on our way to the convention it started to rain and it kept raining. So by the time we got to supper we had been soaked & had dried about 3 times. I was keeping my fingers crossed that we had a place to sleep at all back at camp. When we returned we discovered that the tent had actually held up pretty well it had leaked in about 3 spots one being on dh's side of the bed. We shuffled around a bit and did manage to get a good nights sleep though.

Sunday we went to the Science Center - due to the rain the place was so busy that the staff there was definitely not prepared so we got to park for free because the had to get people to park in the bus lot. We had a good day though.

So by the time we got home I went straight to bed. It wasn't my ideal vacation but I'll enjoy my time alone once the girls go back to school tomorrow. I can't wait.

No comments: